Saturday, January 17, 2015

Week Two Completed

The second week of work at ECHO has been completed and we are now headed into the home stretch. I am still working on the cabinet project and hopefully it will be completed this week. Linda has been doing some painting and some window washing. The team has been working on several tasks and some are now coming to completion.

With the arrival of the "weekend" Linda and I were not only busy with the shopping, laundry, and other house cleaning activities, we hosted the team for a "Wisconsin Night" celebration complete with Wisconsin Cheese and Brats! I also took Greta and walked in the Harry Chapin Hunger walk to raise money for the local food banks. The NOMADS team did not think I would walk, however I did get them to pledge $200 if I made the walk. I did complete the walk, and the team did pay up. We supported the Tice United Methodist Pantry and that church had 40 walkers that raised over $8000 for their pantry.

We are now starting to think of our trek home, but will blog more later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment